The Basilicata Think Tank is a strategy/competition-oriented initiative designed to concretely develop a vision for the future of Basilicata that is centered on new trajectories and development drivers by actively involving leaders of business and government and society at-large.
Its ultimate goal is to center national and European attention once again on the most urgent challenges in relaunching Basilicata, as well as the opportunities and strategic competencies around which the region, together with other regions of Italy’s south, could decide to make the focus of their attractiveness and competitiveness.
- the presence of capital-intensive businesses
- the presence of an extended agrifood supply chain
- the contribution of the arts and culture sector and tourism.
As part of the second Basilicata Think Tank, the “Power2Innovate” Call for Ideas has been created, an initiative to promote startups and aspiring entrepreneurs in southern Italy who have innovative ideas, in order to:
- capitalize on the strategic expertise of the Basilicata region in High-Tech, AgriFood and Culture and Tourism;
- stimulate the implementation of innovative and sustainable solutions in the sectors of strategic expertise of the Basilicata region;
- promote a culture of widespread innovation and promote entrepreneurship in Italy’s southern regions.
In 2020, the Think Tank evolved into an “Act” Tank with the goal of transitioning from proposals to action and providing concrete answers to local strategic needs.
Activity during 2020 will involve a series of physical and/or digital meetings with local organizations and players to understand their needs and provide support in the concrete realization of projects aimed at the economic and social development of the area.
The initiative is privileged to have the contribution of a high-level Scientific Committee comprised of:
- Massimiliano Cesare (President, F2I SGR; President, Invitalia – Mediocredito Centrale; as economic and legal advisor to the prime minister during the Letta government, he represented the prime minister in relations with the office of the undersecretary and economic ministries);
- Enrico Giovannini (Professor of Economic Statistics, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”; spokesman for the Italian Alliance for Sustainable Development – ASviS; former President of ISTAT and former Minister of Labor and Social Policy);
- Gianni Riotta (Executive Vice President, Council for the United States and Italy; Pirelli Visiting Professor, Princeton University; Permanent Member, Council on Foreign Relations; Op-Ed writer, La Stampa).