In 2015, The European House – Ambrosetti launched the Life Sciences Technology Forum, the high-visibility event in the Life Sciences Community. The Community is the multi-stakeholder platform for discussion and debate around life sciences and its mission is to “contribute to supporting the research and innovation ecosystem in the life sciences sector in Italy by promoting centers of excellence and creating a network of national stakeholders to foster knowledge transfer, the development of new projects and to improve the positioning and competitiveness of Italy and its economy on an international level”.
Starting in 2020, the Life Sciences Technology Forum became an entire week with a main event and a series of thematic meetings during the final week of September.
The seventh Technology Forum Life Sciences Week is organized in collaboration with Alexion, Area Science Park, ATOS, BiovelocITA, Telethon Foundation, Human Technopole, Insilicotrials, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Sofinnova Partners and Hub Innovazione Trentino and with the sponsorship of MAECI. During its first day it will examine key aspects of the sector such as the lessons learned during the fight around the Covid-19 emergency, future trends and the role of financing for the sector. In subsequent days, there will be opportunities for debate and examination of the “vertical” areas of focus during the 2021 activity of the Community: Big Data & AI in Life Sciences, Technology Transfer, Genomics Observatory and Road to Bio€quity Europe 2022.
The week’s agenda:
- Day 1 – Monday, September 27, Human Technopole Foundation: Life Sciences in the post-Covid era, 9.30 am - 1 pm
- Day 2 – Tuesday, September 28, Aosta: Big Data and High-Performance Computing in Genomics, 2.30 pm - 6 pm
- Day 3 – Wednesday, September 29, TIGEM - Naples: Technology Transfer: acceleration models in the Life Sciences, 3 pm - 5.30 pm
- Day 4 – Thursday, September 30, Trieste: Genomics Observatory: comparison with best practices international, patient care approach and ethical theme, 4 pm - 6.30 pm
- Day 5 – Friday, October 1, Milan: Road to Bio€quity Europe 2022: Attractiveness of the Italian Life Sciences Ecosystem, 4 pm to 6 pm