Why acceleration is for an Organization an increasingly urgent need?
If in the past, acceleration could be considered almost a luxury, now the opportunities, suddenly, are generated in the “Land of Chaos”. Recent figures, as we could see, have not been able to predict correctly. It consequently becomes essential to spot the signals before others in order to better exploit them.
It has been proved that more the companies are structured and large, the more they find it hard to speed up, as opposed to those with less linear features.
We must therefore resort to “tricks”.
Here, we will review the major ones, among those suggested by Marco Grazioli, President of The European House – Ambrosetti and expert on business dynamics.
Managerial attitudes to adopt
5 basic tips
- When in a room, never feel you are the smartest and accept (even encourage, when possible) the arrival of dissenting proposals
- Stay firmly anchored to the reality around you (never take a taxi but a bus and eat at cafeterias, so to catch the moods in the surroundings)
- Grant, unexpected spectacular rewards, but just a few
- Learn from the worst ones
- Try many times but on a tightly focused theme.
and 5 Day by Day
- Do not accept disputes and plaints, but instead, urge to look ahead and beyond.
- Praise the attempts (easy for successes, very hard for failures), and encourage them, showing appreciation.
- Do not use regressive ideology (great temptation: if 40 years ago the idea has failed, the same, a single attempt should be allowed. If you really wish to, at least do not mention the distant past, or, no one will be willing to listen furtherly).
- Speak well about colleagues. It’s not just a matter of style: people trust those who use nice words towards others.
- Know the Key People inside your company but also those within competitor enterprises.
- Nobody likes to be ordered coercively if not involved in the initial phase related to the selection of the topics on which to produce acceleration and activate in advance.
- Mantra: Mass – heat – adherence – lasting.
- More calls and less emails.
- More meetings (but shorter).
- Disseminate few meanings and not a large amount of information.
Implement (also 2-3 times) these tips
and you will witness the results!
Myths and best practices about speeding up business performance