Trieste, February 2, 2023
The Forum was organised in collaboration with PromoTurismoFVG and the Regional Agency for Rural Development of Friuli Venezia Giulia (ERSA), local authorities of Friuli Venezia Giulia, a Region in the North-East of Italy that offers plenty of delicacies, gourmet food and wines with a long tradition. The eventoffered the unique opportunity to meet the main players of the regional agri-food chain and discuss together today's challenges.
The event was participated by the stakeholders and main economic actors of the regional and national agri-food industry and the food and wine tourism sector, and was aimed at defining a common vision for the development of the Italian and regional agri-food chain that combines environmental, economic and social sustainability within production, distribution, consumption, and tourism.
During the Forum, we presented a new strategic study carried out by The European House - Ambrosetti for PromoTurismoFVG and ERSA, a document of strategic orientation that quantifies the value generated by the agri-food chain of Friuli Venezia Giulia, and gives a picture of Italian and foreign consumers' perception towards the local agri-food products.
- Sergio Emidio Bini, Councillor for manufacturing activities and tourism, Friuli Venezia Giulia Autonomous Region
- Benedetta Brioschi, Head of the Food&Retail and Sustainability, The European House - Ambrosetti
- Mario Emilio Cichetti, General Director, Consorzio del Prosciutto di San Daniele
- Luca De Carlo, Presidente, 9a Commissione permanente Agricoltura, turismo, industria e produzione agroalimentare, Senato della Repubblica
- Alessandra De Santis, Vice Secretary, Italy-Germany Chamber of Commerce
- Moreno Faina, Didactic Coordinator, Università del Caffè, Illycaffè
- Roberta Garibaldi, Vice President, Tourism Committee, OCSE
- Giovanni Pomella, Vice President, Consortium for the protection of Montasio Cheese; CEO, Lactalis Group
- Enzo Risso, Scientific Director, Public Affairs Division, Ipsos Italia
- Giulia Tomaselli, Senior Consultant, The European House - Ambrosetti
- Stefano Zannier, Councillor for Agri-Food, Forestry, Fisheries and Mountain Resources, Friuli Venezia Giulia Autonomous Region
The event was chaired by Francesca Romana Barberini, Presenter and author; Moderator - Food & Sustainability Course, European Institute for Innovation and Sustainability