Forum dedicated to the strategic role of the agri-food chain in the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region
Trieste, February 2, 2023
The Forum was organised in collaboration with PromoTurismoFVG and the Regional Agency for Rural Development of Friuli Venezia Giulia (ERSA), local authorities of Friuli Venezia Giulia, a Region in the North-East of Italy that offers plenty of delicacies, gourmet food and wines with a long tradition. The eventoffered the unique opportunity to meet the main players of the regional agri-food chain and discuss together today's challenges.
The event was participated by the stakeholders and main economic actors of the regional and national agri-food industry and the food and wine tourism sector, and was aimed at defining a common vision for the development of the Italian and regional agri-food chain that combines environmental, economic and social sustainability within production, distribution, consumption, and tourism.
During the Forum, we presented a new strategic study carried out by The European House - Ambrosetti for PromoTurismoFVG and ERSA, a document of strategic orientation that quantifies the value generated by the agri-food chain of Friuli Venezia Giulia, and gives a picture of Italian and foreign consumers' perception towards the local agri-food products.
- Sergio Emidio Bini, Councillor for manufacturing activities and tourism, Friuli Venezia Giulia Autonomous Region
- Benedetta Brioschi, Head of the Food&Retail and Sustainability, The European House - Ambrosetti
- Mario Emilio Cichetti, General Director, Consorzio del Prosciutto di San Daniele
- Luca De Carlo, Presidente, 9a Commissione permanente Agricoltura, turismo, industria e produzione agroalimentare, Senato della Repubblica
- Alessandra De Santis, Vice Secretary, Italy-Germany Chamber of Commerce
- Moreno Faina, Didactic Coordinator, Università del Caffè, Illycaffè
- Roberta Garibaldi, Vice President, Tourism Committee, OCSE
- Giovanni Pomella, Vice President, Consortium for the protection of Montasio Cheese; CEO, Lactalis Group
- Enzo Risso, Scientific Director, Public Affairs Division, Ipsos Italia
- Giulia Tomaselli, Senior Consultant, The European House - Ambrosetti
- Stefano Zannier, Councillor for Agri-Food, Forestry, Fisheries and Mountain Resources, Friuli Venezia Giulia Autonomous Region
The event was chaired by Francesca Romana Barberini, Presenter and author; Moderator - Food & Sustainability Course, European Institute for Innovation and Sustainability