The European House – Ambrosetti has been engaged to develop the Strategic Plan for the Metropolitan City of Catania which will be published in October 2021.
Specifically, the Plan will:
- identify the strong points and problem areas in which to intervene and the areas in which to invest, with the goal of maximizing the attractiveness and competitiveness of the greater metropolitan area and reducing existing inequalities;
- develop an overall perspective that will act as a guiding principle for all the city’s planning and governance instruments over the medium/long-term (2030-2050);
- identify projects, instruments and competencies to allow for the relaunching of the Metropolitan City of Catania within a regional, national and Mediterranean-wide context.
In preparing the Plan, a number of one-to-one confidential interviews will be held to gather suggestions and information useful to developing the plan and there will also be two public seminars as work progresses:
- The first seminar to share Plan findings with local stakeholders: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 (3 pm-5 pm)
- The second seminar to share Plan findings with local stakeholders: Friday, July 23, 2021 (3 pm-5 pm)