March 26 and 27, 2021 32nd edition – Full Digital
The Outlook for the Economy and Finance 2021
Speaking Points from the Workshop
- Opening remarks by Valerio De Molli, Managing Partner and CEO, The European House – Ambrosetti
- Parag Khanna (Founder & Managing Partner, FutureMap, Singapore; author of the book “The Future Is Asian”)
- Ann Pettifor (Director, Policy Research in Macroeconomics; Honorary Research Fellow, City University London)
- Mohamed A. El-Erian (President, Queens’ College Cambridge, UK)
- Nouriel Roubini (Professor of Economics, Stern School of Business, New York University, USA)
- Paolo Gentiloni (European Commissioner for Economy)
- Philip R. Lane (Member of the Executive Board, European Central Bank)
- Enrico Letta (Segretario nazionale, Partito Democratico)
- Renato Brunetta (Minister for Public Administration, Italy)
- Laura Castelli (Deputy Minister of Economy and Finance, Italy)
Papers and studies
- Ambrosetti Club Economic Indicator - Optimistic wind blows for business 2021
- Report 2021: Cashless Italy ongoing changes and future perspectives Executive Summary 6th edition
- Lettera Club n. 112 - Cashless Italy: Changes in progress and outlook for the future
- Next Generation EU Observatory
- The impact of the Covid-19 emergency on the italian economy 2021
- Ambrosetti Club - Study update: “The P.A. (Public Administration) from Pure Agony to Potential Aid in the Nation’s Growth" 2021
- Some Economic forecasts: a comparative analysis 2021
A prestigious event
This workshop’s prestige is due both to the importance of the issues examined and the array of speakers and attendees from around the globe that includes experts, Nobel laureates, presidents, CEOs, top managers of major corporations and representatives from leading political, economic and financial institutions, from both Italy and abroad.
The workshop has a strongly interactive nature with ample opportunity for debate and exchange, including outside the scheduled sessions.
The last edition – the 31st – included among its speakers: Paolo Gentiloni (European Commissioner for Economy; former Prime Minister of Italy), François Villeroy de Galhau (Governor, Banque de France), Claudia Dörr-Voß (State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Germany), Pier Paolo Baretta (Undersecretary, Ministry for Economy and Finance), Luis de Guindos (Vice President, European Central Bank; former Minister of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness, Spain), Tyler Beck Goodspeed (Acting Chairman and Vice Chairman, Council of Economic Advisers, USA), Mohamed A. El-Erian (President, Queens’ College, Cambridge University; Chief Economic Advisor, Allianz), Nouriel Roubini (Professor of Economics, Stern School of Business, New York University), Martin Wolf (Associate Editor and Chief Economics Commentator, Financial Times), Enrico Letta (Dean, Paris School of International Affairs, Sciences Po, France; former Prime Minister of Italy), Mario Monti (President, Bocconi University; former Prime Minister of Italy), Veronica De Romanis (Professor of European Economics, “The Breyer Center for Overseas Studies”, Stanford University, Florence), Carlo Cottarelli (Director, Italian Public Finance Monitor, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Italy), David Woo (Head of Global Rates, Foreign Exchange and Emerging Market Fixed Income Strategy & Economics Research, Bank of America), Jacob A. Frenkel (Chairman, Board of Trustees, Group of Thirty (G-30); Senior Advisor, JPMorgan Chase), Heiner Flassbeck (Honorary Professor, Hamburg University, Germany; former State Secretary, Federal Ministry of Finance, Germany), Richard C. Koo (Chief Economist, Nomura Research Institute), Lucio Caracciolo (Editor-in-chief and Founder, “Limes. Italian geopolitical review”).
Over the years, also hosted at Cernobbio have been Josef Ackermann, Joaquín Almunia, Giuliano Amato, Gary Becker, Fred Bergsten, Howard Davies, Wim Duisenberg, Stanley Fischer, Fan Gang, Enrico Giovannini, Otmar Issing, Mervyn King, George Mathewson, William McDonough, Robert Mundell, Christian Noyer, Edward Prescott, Alessandro Profumo, Raghuram Rajan, Eiusuke Sakakibara, Myron Scholes, William Sharpe, Vernon Smith, Pedro Solbes Mira, Michael Spence, Joseph Stiglitz, Domenico Siniscalco, Peter Sutherland, John Tiner, Michael Treschow, Giulio Tremonti, Jean-Claude Trichet, Paul Volcker e James Wolfensohn.
Finance Workshop Responsible