September 7-8-9, 2018 44th edition
Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy 2018
Its international scope is the most significant aspect of the Forum The European House-Ambrosetti organizes each year in September at Villa d’Este in Cernobbio. The event, held each year since 1975, is entitled Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy and brings together an array of speakers of the highest level from the world of politics, academia, government and business, from across the globe.
Speaking points from the Forum
- Bad news vs. Good news the positive narrative the world needs – Welcoming Remarks by Valerio De Molli
- Message of the President of the Italian Republic Sergio Mattarella
- Speech by Frans Timmermans, First Vice President of the European Commission
- Presentation by Carlo Nordio, spokesperson of the Ambrosetti Club Study “Initiatives for Improving the Judiciary System and the Fight Against Corruptionto Promote a Pro-business Environment and the Attractiveness of Italy”
- Presentation of Maria Chiara Carrozza, spokesperson of the Study “La filiera italiana dell’aerospazio, della difesa e della sicurezza. Come creare sviluppo industriale, nuove competenze tecnologiche e crescita per il sistema-paese“
- Presentation of Enrico Giovannini, spokesponsor of the Study “Global Attractiveness Index 2018. Il termometro dell’attrattività di un Paese” 3° Edizione
- Presentation of Veronica De Romanis, spokesponsor of the Study “Obiettivo crescita. Cosa possono fare le imprese e lo stato per tornare a far crescere l’Italia”
- Presentation of Carlo Cottarelli, spokesponsor of the Study “La fine del Quantitative Easing della BCE: quali impatti sul debito pubblico e sul sistema bancario”
Papers and Studies
- Italian economic/financial uncertainty rises, business sentiment worsens. No investment = no work = no growth = no future
- Lettera Club Europe n. 5 – The dangerous path to protectionism
- Electrify 2030. Electrification, Industrial Value Chains and Opportunities for a Sustainable Future in Europe and Italy
- Six months to Brexit. Analysis of negotiations and impacts to guide business leaders in the transition ahead
- Initiatives for Improving the Judiciary System and the Fight Against Corruptionto Promote a Pro-business Environment and the Attractiveness of Italy
- The Italian Aerospace, Defence and Security Industry. How to Create Industrial Development, New Technological Capabilities and Economic Growth for the Country
- Global Attractiveness Index 2018. The thermometer of a country’s attractiveness
- Growth Objective. What Companies and State can do in order to foster Growth in Italy
- The end of the ECB’s Quantitative Easing: what impacts on public debt and the banking system
Electronic Poll Results
- Future Global Challenges and Impacts on Business
- The Economic Outlook
- Today the World of Tomorrow – Scientific and Technological Developments
- The Good News – The Positive Narrative the World Needs
- The Agenda to Change Europe
- The Outlook for Global Trade and the End of QE: Recipes for Europe’s Competitiveness
- Europe and the Mediterranean
- Italy in the Global Outlook – Question 1
- Italy in the Global Outlook – Question 2
National and International Press Review
- Day One is normally dedicated to major global issues of a predominantly economic, geopolitical and scientific/technological nature.
- Day Two focuses on Europe and enjoys the presence of officials and representatives of all major European institutions who take part in discussions around the most pressing issues facing the European Union.
- And finally, Day Three is dedicated to Italy with the presence of representatives of the Italian government, officials and numerous leading figures from the world of business and finance.
What makes the Forum special
Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy
An annual event of international scope and prestige. Heads of state and government, top representatives of European institutions, ministers, Nobel prize winners, businessmen, managers and experts from around the world have been meeting every year since 1975 to discuss current issues of major impact for the world economy and society as a whole.