September 5-6-7, 2014 40th edition
Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy 2014
Its international scope is the most significant aspect of the Forum The European House-Ambrosetti organizes each year in September at Villa d’Este in Cernobbio. The event, held each year since 1975, is entitled Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy and brings together an array of speakers of the highest level from the world of politics, academia, government and business, from across the globe.
Speaking points from the Forum
- Excerpt from the presentation by Alexis Tsipras
- The meaning of the Forum Cernobbio – Valerio De Molli (it.)
- Competitiveness and growth – Speech by Sergio Marchionne (it.)
- Speech by the Minister of Economy and Finance Pier Carlo Padoan (it.)
- Paper. The EU-US Transatlantic Trade and Investment partnership
- Paper. Labour market Scenario in Europe
- Speech by the President of the italian Senate Pietro Grasso (it.)
- Semester of Italian Presidency of the EU: Some considerations for the Government (it.)
- Ambrosetti Club Economic Indicator – Last update
- Valerio De Molli – Do sure-fire solutions really exist in our disequilibrum-filled world?
- Il potere della conoscenza – Special from “L’Impresa” on the 2014 Forum
- Lettera Club 60 – Priorities and lines of action for European growth
- Press Release
Papers and Studies
- UIRNet – Strategic Positioning Document (it.)
- TORINO 2025 – Final Report (it.)
- EDUCATION FOR THE 21st CENTURY – The driver of a new renaissance and competitiveness for Italy
- EDUCATION FOR THE 21st CENTURY – The driver of a new renaissance and competitiveness for Italy - Research concept chart
- EDUCATION FOR THE 21st CENTURY – The driver of a new renaissance and competitiveness for Italy - Executive Summary
- Day One is normally dedicated to major global issues of a predominantly economic, geopolitical and scientific/technological nature.
- Day Two focuses on Europe and enjoys the presence of officials and representatives of all major European institutions who take part in discussions around the most pressing issues facing the European Union.
- And finally, Day Three is dedicated to Italy with the presence of representatives of the Italian government, officials and numerous leading figures from the world of business and finance.
The highly-select audience is comprised of 200 top managers from Italy and abroad, with precedence given to members of the prestigious Ambrosetti Club. The Forum is an event with major appeal. It is no accident that requests to attend from around the world continue to grow and each year The European House – Ambrosetti finds it difficult to meet the demand.
Among the protagonists of recent Forums have been: H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco, Kofi Annan, José María Aznar, Silvio Berlusconi, Joe Biden, Richard Cheney, Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, José Manuel Durão Barroso, Larry Ellison, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, François Fillon, Bill Gates, Valéry Giscard D’Estaing, Felipe González, Neville Isdell, Alain Juppé, Henry Kissinger, Vaclav Klaus, Christine Lagarde, Sergio Mattarella, Abu Mazen, John McCain, Mario Monti, Giorgio Napolitano, Shimon Peres, Romano Prodi, Jean-Pierre Raffarin, H.M. Queen Rania Al-Abdullah First Lady of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Card. Joseph Ratzinger, Matteo Renzi, Michel Rocard, Nouriel Roubini, Wolfgang Schäuble, Eric Schmidt, Helmut Schmidt, George Shultz, Giulio Tremonti, Jean-Claude Trichet, Umberto Veronesi and James Wolfensohn.