September 1-2-3, 2023 49th edition
Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy 2023
Studies and Position Papers
- Ambrosetti Club Economic Indicator - September 2023
- AI 4 Italy: Impacts and opportunities of Generative Artificial Intelligence for Italy
- Floating Offshore Wind Community. What value and industrial spillovers for Italy from floating offshore wind power generation
- E-commerce: perceptions and data regarding the benefits for the Italian public, businesses and economy – con Amazon
- Water: actions and investments for energy, people and territories – con A2A
- Small, medium and more competitive: Italian SMEs take on exporting within a sustainable and digital transition – con SACE
- Towards the Society of the Future: How we will live, work and relate, and the energies of transformation – con Edison
- Energy transition strategic supply chains. Industrial roadmap for Europe and Italy – con Enel e Fondazione Enel
- Increasing the attraction of foreign investment for the competitiveness of Italy. What strategy for the pharmaceutical industry – con IAPG ed EuniPharma
- Global Attractiveness Index: the thermometer of a country’s attractiveness, 8th edition
- Observatory on Women’s Empowerment, 2nd edition
- Redesigning Italy. Governance proposals to change the country
- Italy’s rebirth. How to reverse the demographic trend to benefit the country's future
- Observatory on the National Recovery and Resilence Plan, 2nd edition
- Lettera Club Europe n. 13 - War in Ukraine, which pathways to peace?
Insight from the papers
- AI 4 Italy: Impacts and Prospects of Generative Artificial Intelligence for Italy and Made in Italy
- The contribution of floating offshore wind power for the decarbonisation of Italy
- E-commerce is a strategic development lever for business and fights inflation
- Zero Carbon Technology Roadmap
- The power of partnerships to foster Women’s Empowerment as a key to growth and sustainable development
- Towards the Society of the Future: How we will live, work and relate, and the energies of transformation
- Increasing the attraction of foreign investment for the competitiveness of Italy. What strategy for the pharmaceutical industry
- Global Attractiveness Index 2023: energy transition and sustainability to boost Italy’s attractiveness
- Harnessing the power of the global Italian diaspora. How to strategically manage a valuable asset for the country-system
The "Cernobbio Forum"
The international scope is the most significant aspect of the Forum organised by The European House-Ambrosetti, held each year in September at Villa d’Este in Cernobbio, on the shores of Como Lake. The event, held each year since 1975, is entitled "Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy" although it is commonly referred to as "Cernobbio Forum", due to its traditional location. The Forum brings together an array of speakers of the highest level from the world of politics, academia, government and business, from across the globe.
The Forum is a three-day event:
- Day One is normally dedicated to major global issues of a predominantly economic, geopolitical and scientific/technological nature.
- Day Two focuses on Europe and enjoys the presence of officials and representatives of all major European institutions who take part in discussions around the most pressing issues facing the European Union.
- Day Three is dedicated to Italy with the presence of representatives of the Italian government, officials and numerous leading figures from the world of business and finance.
After the opening speech by TEHA's CEO and Managing Partner, Valerio De Molli, a videoconference contribution by the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy was shared with the audience.
In continuity with the previous edition, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and the Italian Trade Agency (ICE) offered diplomatic delegations and ICE offices abroad the opportunity to follow the sessions to receive updates on the world, the European and Italian scenarios. At the same time, China hosted a streaming hub that also offered offline content based on local time zone. This was possible thanks to the contribution of Santoni China and the Quanqiu Institute. Finally, in Italy, there were three physical and digital hubs: in Puglia, thanks to the collaboration with Banca Popolare di Puglia and Basilicata and Exprivia; in Padua, thanks to the collaboration with Cherry Bank; while SACE, the Italian insurance financial company controlled by the Ministry of Economy and Finance and specialized in business support, opened the Forum to Italian SMEs.
We are very proud that in 2023, the American Congress identified us as the ideal observatory to deepen the transatlantic links between Italy and the United States. In addition to the presence of Senator Lindsey Graham and Speaker Emerita of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi, we had the honor of welcoming at the Forum's venue nine senators and two members of the United States House of Representatives.
Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy
An annual event of international scope and prestige. Heads of state and government, top representatives of European institutions, ministers, Nobel prize winners, businessmen, managers and experts from around the world have been meeting every year since 1975 to discuss current issues of major impact for the world economy and society as a whole.