September 2-3-4, 2022 48th edition
Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy 2022
Speaking points from the Forum
Studies and Position Papers
- Ambrosetti Club Economic Indicator - September 2022
- Next Generation DigITALY: come promuovere l’integrazione e lo sviluppo di un ecosistema digitale per accelerare l’innovazione e la crescita del Paese - Microsoft
- Verso l’autonomia energetica italiana: acqua, vento, sole, rifiuti le nostre materie prime. Il fondamentale contributo delle regioni per il raggiungimento dei nostri obiettivi - Gruppo a2a
- The strategic importance of Italy-USA relations
- The Future of Europe: The Role of the European Business Community
- Net Zero E-conomy 2050. Roadmap di decarbonizzazione per l’Europa - Enel
- Verso un New Deal delle competenze in ambito agricolo e industriale
- A Common Foreign and Defence Policy for Europe: challenges and opportunities for Italy and the European Union
- Global Attractiveness Index 2022: the thermometer of a Country’s attractiveness
- The circularity of plastics
- Osservatorio PNRR - Presentazione di Valerio De Molli
- NRRP Observatory
Insight from the papers
- A digital ecosystem to accelerate Italy’s innovation and growth
- Renewable sources and efficient waste management can increase Italy’s energy autonomy
- Women's empowerment may generate an economic impact equal to 14% of G20 countries plus Spain's GDP
- The strategic importance of Italy-US relations
- Net Zero E-conomy 2050. Decarbonization roadmaps for Europe
- Investing in skills for Italy’s agricultural and industrial growth
- Why European Common Foreign and Defence Policy is an opportunity for Italy and the EU
- Global Attractiveness Index 2022: Germany, United States and Hong Kong are the countries with the highest attractiveness, Italy is at 19th place
- Investing in plastic’s circularity may generate economic and employment benefits
Electronic Poll Results
- Poll - The economic outlook: dealing with uncertainty
- Poll - Society of the future: fighting inequality
- Poll - Which instruments for Europe? Innovation and competitiveness
- Poll - The future of global free trade
- Poll - Future European Framework: towards a stronger or weaker EU?
- Poll - Governing the energy transition: between energy security and European competitiveness
Photo credits: AKAstudio collective
Its international scope is the most significant aspect of the Forum The European House-Ambrosetti organizes each year in September at Villa d’Este in Cernobbio. The event, held each year since 1975, is entitled "Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy" although it is commonly referred to as "Cernobbio Forum", due to its traditional location. The Forum brings together an array of speakers of the highest level from the world of politics, academia, government and business, from across the globe.
- Day One is normally dedicated to major global issues of a predominantly economic, geopolitical and scientific/technological nature.
- Day Two focuses on Europe and enjoys the presence of officials and representatives of all major European institutions who take part in discussions around the most pressing issues facing the European Union.
- And finally, Day Three is dedicated to Italy with the presence of representatives of the Italian government, officials and numerous leading figures from the world of business and finance.
In continuity with the previous editions, the 48th Forum was held in a phygital format (partly physical and partly digital) with a central hub in the historic headquarters of Villa d'Este (Cernobbio), which will be connected to several hubs in other locations in Italy, Europe and the rest of the world.
The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation took an active part in the event through interventions of Italy's Embassies in the USA, Turkey, the Netherlands, South Africa and Singapore, which hosted liaison hubs with the participation of local personalities.
The Italian Trade Agency (ICE) offered to its employees in Italy and abroad the opportunity to follow the event remotely, to be updated on global, European and Italian scenarios.
At the same time, Shanghai hosted a live streaming hub with parallel sessions for their local audience, due to the different time zone. This was made possible thanks to the joint contribution of Maserati China, Pirelli APAC, and Santoni China.
In Italy, there were two physical hubs and a digital one: in Apulia, thanks to the collaboration of Banco Popolare di Puglia and Basilicata and Exprivia; in Padua thanks to the collaboration of Cherry Bank; the digital hub was offered thanks to the collaboration of Sparkasse.
Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy
An annual event of international scope and prestige. Heads of state and government, top representatives of European institutions, ministers, Nobel prize winners, businessmen, managers and experts from around the world have been meeting every year since 1975 to discuss current issues of major impact for the world economy and society as a whole.